Metal Detector Stories



We always love a good story around the campfire,or something to ponder while sitting on the couch having a cold beer.

We'd love to post your stories of your metal detector finds here at the site.So feel free to send us a letter,and share a memory with us while you're out in the field metal detecting.

Whether it's a treasure trove of gold you found,or a disappointing day digging up trash.Every trip out there in the field has a story.So please share yours with us,by contacting us a here -->

Send Us Your Story & Thoughts On Metal Detecting Minnesota (Click)





Thursday, February 7, 2013

Metal Detecting Clubs In Mn

I have not personally looked into some of the metal detecting clubs here in Minnesota.

I do feel it would be a great way to meet new friends,get together for a pot luck type gathering,and share some stories.Perhaps even share some of the interesting finds,that some have been lucky enough to unearth.

Maybe even find a metal detecting buddy?

I know many in this hobby would love to have a friend in this,or perhaps a partner to hunt with.

I know there are quite a few families,that do this hoby together,and it is a rush when they are all out there on the hunt,and one of them makes the find of the day.

I know we'll be starting a club,or perhaps a small group where we get together for some beers,and a picnic.Maybe even some campouts,that will bordeline a party,with all acting as though we have come down with gold fever.

I think the Mn metal detector clubs would be a blast being part of,and alot of this hobby is the joy we get sharing our finds with others,even if the find is worthless money wise,some of us get a rush unearthing a relic from long ago,and the story behind that old chunk of metal.

I think many of these groups in Minnesota have some good laughs as well.Such as look at my nail collection,and funny slogans such as "I make more off the aluminum cans I find,than the change I find."

A person has to have a sense of humor in this game,and I think all of us enthusiasts have a sense of humor who enjoy the fun hobby of metal detecting.

So check back with us this early spring,and lets get some type of gathering going.

A feast,some good cooking,the bbq's a blazing,and a can of cold beer.

Maybe some of us would learn a few tips,or some pointers.

Figure out some places that would work for group metal detecting,and make a weekend camp out of it.

I would feel very uncomfortable with a dozen other people detecting a park,or some other state location where we'd get away with it.It would cause to much attention.So let me know your thoughts on this.

That's one thing I keep thinking of if we do get a detector club going.Maybe some of us would enjoy a bunch of us out in the field detecting,but just being alone I feel I'm pushing it,everytime I pop up a quarter.Someone drives by,and it would look odd? LOL

Let me know your thoughts on this :)





3 comments:

  1. WANT TO START DETECTING WHAT TO START WITH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where you at,and what is your budget?The pain in the rear end when it comes to detectors,is by spending 300 bucks more than buying a cheap model,it's a dead on when ya identify a target in the ground with like pennies,dimes..and quarters.(for the most part)..Even a 600 dollar model picks up targets that look promising.It depends if your metal detecting campgrounds or parks where no drinking takes place,and sports happen.I'd get a white's metal detector for the minnesota area.Pretty simple to understand and workd great on coins..because you aint gona find gold nuggets here.I always keep it on the coin setting.The coin setting picks up all the jewelry too,and the jewelry setting picks up ..well those dam pull tabs as a possible ring target etc...The great thing is,if the target is less than 4 inches and has a strong reading on the meter..NOTHING TO LOSE digging up such a shallow target!!..Found alot of silver rings,and a couple gold rings having my whites metal detector set to coins.Get a White's and maybe ya can get on used?

      Jim in Duluth Mn

      Delete
  2. Hi:
    I'm a old timer from the north woods of Koochiching County Mn.
    I live in a ghost town by the name of Margie. I have done some Coin
    and Relic hunt hear. As of date I have found coin’s going back to 1897.
    And hand made axe heads oxen shoes. All kinds of harness parts.
    I just got a lead on a old homestead dating 1909. I did get a air photo
    dating back to 1940. I have permission to hunt a old farm house dating
    1931. A park that is in Big Falls Mn.
    Now comes the blast I'm not by all mines a young man I just turn 80
    Years young
    in August. I had a lot of stuff from when I lived in Wyoming but my
    house burnt down
    taking every thing of my coin hunting out there.The only thing I saved
    was my old Garrett
    TR Metal Detector. I have a GTA 1000 and it has a lot of miles on it
    swinging miles.
    If you ever get up this way drop me and E-mail. I just got me a pin
    pointer. It dose work.
    Art Giles.

    ReplyDelete