Metal Detector Stories



We always love a good story around the campfire,or something to ponder while sitting on the couch having a cold beer.

We'd love to post your stories of your metal detector finds here at the site.So feel free to send us a letter,and share a memory with us while you're out in the field metal detecting.

Whether it's a treasure trove of gold you found,or a disappointing day digging up trash.Every trip out there in the field has a story.So please share yours with us,by contacting us a here -->

Send Us Your Story & Thoughts On Metal Detecting Minnesota (Click)





Thursday, April 19, 2012

Minelab Explorer Reviews

I read some Minelab Metal Detector reviews this afternoon.

I can't really knock the machine,and is more than a tad expensive than my White's Spectrum XLT when buying new.

My understanding is this is a great detector for deeper objects in the ground.


Click To Purchase


Some of the reviews claim up to 3 feets deep.I suppose if you're in the woods,or some farm field before planting,you can get away with digging a whole that deep.
       
Personally that's just to dang deep for me,and this detector aint no break through on technology by slapping a bigger coil on it,just more hype in my opinion.

I got suspicious of many of the reviews,especially when they kept comparing this detector to the White's brand.

Proving a good detector by bashing the competition is a sure sign of dishonesty..Review the detector,not compare it.Anyone can compare metal detectors,but stick to the review to give other readers a sense of what the detector is all about,not a scale from 1-10 on how it compares to some other brand.

I think this one is a bit over-priced,and if I was going to buy one,I'd probably look around to buy a used one.Another thing that kind of sticks out with this model,is there are an awful lot of these for sale used,unlike some of the other brands.

I know the economy has something to do with that,and they probably hold their value to some degree.I've sold things myself while in a pinch.

I used this machine,and let my friend use mine.

My opinion is this detector is great for deep objects..it really can't be beat as far as depth.

If that is an issue that makes you determine buying one,then this detector is for you.

But if you are looking to buy one,and buy one not so dang expensive,and not worried about objects 3 feet deep..Go with another brand at half the price.

There is no way this detector could beat my Spectrum...I'll be finding more stuff,while the one using this machine is digging trenches to dig up a 3 foot deep aluminum cans.

Maybe on the beaches,and in fields,and parks in Europe where civilization has crossed the same piece of land for 1000's of years,but here in Minnesota I don't need something like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment