Metal Detector Stories



We always love a good story around the campfire,or something to ponder while sitting on the couch having a cold beer.

We'd love to post your stories of your metal detector finds here at the site.So feel free to send us a letter,and share a memory with us while you're out in the field metal detecting.

Whether it's a treasure trove of gold you found,or a disappointing day digging up trash.Every trip out there in the field has a story.So please share yours with us,by contacting us a here -->

Send Us Your Story & Thoughts On Metal Detecting Minnesota (Click)





Monday, April 9, 2012

Wisconsin Metal Detectors

There use to be a place my dad brought me as a kid.It was an older man who ran a store out of his garage,and he had all kinds of odd things for sale.

One thing he had hanging on the wall,was a detector he used in WWII,that he considered one of the best of all of Wisconsin Metal Detectors combined,because he personally used it to clear mines,and thus saved alot of American lives.

No,it wasn't for sale,and he had no other metal detectors for sale that I knew of,but to this day my dad still brings up his old shop that he had out back in that old spider infested garage.

But back to Wisconsin,I'd have to say there is some good ground there to detect,and I'd probably rank the state a tad better than Minnesota when it comes to looking for lost items.I judge a state mainly by the minerals to be found,the type of activity that took place there,such as historical events,then peg it down to how long people have been there that used metal.Keep in mind I'm not familiar with metal detector stores in WI.

I so wish they made metal detectors that forund Indian artifacts,but due to the fact they were made out of stone,I guess I could say that's wishful thinking.

Civilizations who used metal,had metal coins,and metal jewelry,not that I'm knocking civilizations who didn't harness the technology of working with metals,just stating the fact a metal dtector can only do so much.So to investigate an area,you have to kind of stick to those who in the past used metal.

Now Europe is an interesting example,because the Roman Empire was pretty much all over Europe at one time,or another.So one could take advantage of the past civilizations there,unlike here in the U.S.

The gentleman I was talking about earlier,who sold things out of his garage shop,found all kinds of unknown object with his metal detector,which back in his day during the war they called a mine sweeper.Now that's what I'd love to get involved with.

There were tons of treasures found just by the trenches dug,and fox holes.It makes a person wish they almost could live in Europe to detect,but I'd assume dig up nails here,than relocate over there.Just a find is good enough for this old boy.

I'm not to familiar with metal detecting stores in WI.I do know however they exist,but I bought my detector online,and saved a few bucks.I don't know where the best places to metal detector there either,but do know there is a large number of us there looking for things lost.So I guess your neighbors to the west of you are in the same boat.So the places to metal detect in Wisconsin would be pretty much the same type of places you'd metal detect here in Minnesota.

I'll update this article later on this week,and add some personal stories from some of the Wisconsin residents,and their tales of hunting for something lost in the ground.

No comments:

Post a Comment