Metal Detector Stories



We always love a good story around the campfire,or something to ponder while sitting on the couch having a cold beer.

We'd love to post your stories of your metal detector finds here at the site.So feel free to send us a letter,and share a memory with us while you're out in the field metal detecting.

Whether it's a treasure trove of gold you found,or a disappointing day digging up trash.Every trip out there in the field has a story.So please share yours with us,by contacting us a here -->

Send Us Your Story & Thoughts On Metal Detecting Minnesota (Click)





Friday, April 20, 2012

New Metal Detectors

I was just window shopping the other day browsing at some of the new metal detectors for the 2012 year.

Obviously,I didn't read any reviews,because many of these new models just came out a couple months back,and spring has now pretty much arrived on our doorsteps.So more of us will be getting out there with our detectors.Some of us using are older one's,and some trying their skills on a newer model.

I know many of the models doing all they can by trying to trump the competition,by various ways..Bigger coils,or trying to be the best dector for depth,or perhaps identification of the targets in the ground etc.

I haven't seen anything to make me drop the one I'm using,to go out and buy a new detector.

I don't need a detector that goes 3 feet deep possibly identifying it's target etc.Where I detect I can't be digging 3 foot holes.Not only that,not sure how many I could dig at that depth anyways.

Now if I was looking for gold,and if I new the area didn't have aluminum cans,or old iron chunks of garbage burried 3 feet deep,then I'd want that detector.

I already know that reading reviews can go both ways.There are honest reviews,and then reviews generated by the company that are always comparing one detector,to another.They stick out like a sore thumb.

Another thing that erks me in reviews of the new metal detectors is how one brand always finds something,that another brand did not.Well odds are on the next controlled trial,the other detector would win.

So many of these trials are one sided,and conducted by the competition.

The best way to know the reliability of another detector is to ask someone you personally know who has one,because I've read enough reviews here online that makes the worst detector,worthy of giving up mine for it.

One thing I do notice when it comes to the quality,and the reliabilty of a new detector is the price.Usually the more expensive the detector,the better the detector.

I also think the best detectors are in the 700-1000.00...Unless you are really planning on doing some serious prospecting,the one's designed basically for gold prospecting might cost a little more.That's not my expertise,because they don't have gold here in the area I live,so why would I pretend to be an expert on those detectors..I'm not.

I'll post some reviews when they come in on some of the new metal detectors 2012 as they come in.





1 comment:

  1. Hello from a fellow metal dector dude.Enjoy your blog,and wanted to say the older metal detectors still give a hard time to the newer models.Even to this day the older model metal detectors rock.If you have a good unit,and you become one with the detecor,you can give any model a fight for the money.

    Keep rockin dude!

    ReplyDelete